Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rock'n' Baby

A funny thing happened on the way Katie's house this morning. Hyrum was having a great morning. He was happy and giggling and was very patient while I got ready for work. Then when it was time to go, I packed him into his car seat and we hit the open road. I turned on the radio which was playing a David Archuleta song. A few seconds into the song Hyrum started crying in the back seat for no apparent reason. He usually loves car rides. I figured I could maybe get him to settle down if I changed the song that was playing. So I got out a CD that has a mix of songs I made. The first song to play was Smash Mouth's "All star". Immediately Hyrum stopped crying. The song finished and the next one was a softer song from a musical I like. Again Hyrum starts to speak up in the back. So I skip forward to the next song which is "Dancing Queen" by Abba. Once again the sounds from the back seat stop. So for the rest of the ride we just jammed out to any of the rock music I had on that CD. Who knew kids developed a musical preference so early in life. Now I know that I have one Rock'n' Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment